24 March, 2009

My toolbox



Hello all,
I just thought I'd let people know that I am a musician. Of course I have neither a band or enough background to start recording, but still I practice and learn and create. As a person who had a minimum wage job, I know what it's like to be on a limited budget, thus I have my collection of low-end instruments as pictured above. I figure the only time one needs a flashy nice instrument is when they actually want to impress their audience after they have won them over to come to their concerts. I use my cheaply made instruments the same way people who buy shiny ones do, but I didn't waste large quantities of money on mine. Instead, I have a small beat up electric guitar from '95 that was a hand me down from my sister, a Squire J-Bass, and an Ibanez acoustic (non electric) all of which are th only things I need to thrive and learn things in the musical world. I would just like to emphasize the difference between wowing everybody with your nice things, and wowing them with creativity. I feel the latter is more important.
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment